Sky Machine Creative helps hockey event Skate 48 in their 25th year with a digital marketing strategy. Event raises record $150,000 in support of local children's charities.
Skate 48 had experienced amazing success over the 24 years it had been in operation. For their 25th year, they wanted to do something really special for the players that had been defining the event year after year. Up to this year, event marketing and communication revolved mostly around word of mouth, in-person captain's meetings, a small website with static information and the occasional email communique for time sensitive information.
Goal Driven Digital Marketing Strategy
Along with the goal to improve the experience for the players involved, the Skate 48 committee also wanted to drive increased fundraising efforts to meet an aggressive fundraising target. A broader goal for the event was to increase overall visibility of Skate 48 in the community regarding the funds raised for local children's charities.
SMC helped the event target these goals with:
- Setup, branding and curation of social media properties.
- Update of the CMS driven website to improve engagement, SEO and click-through.
- Engaging PR opportunities.
- Large format poster design for high visibility public spaces.
- Giving sponsors visibility on social media properties and on website.
- Brand and content matched email campaign.
- Event day social media and team photography in association with The Big Bas Photography
The teams loved having a photo with their team ambassador at the end of their match. What a great way to remember a really fun day of hockey....
Check out Skate 48 on Social Media
Check out the photo gallery of all the teams and charities involved
A sample of pictures from the Skate 48 event day